This important building had been built earlier than the town itself was founded. Originally there was a castle, created probably during the 13th century on the top of the rivr hillside. In the second half of the 13th century it became a residence of a Royal and after 1300 Central Mint of Bohemian Kingdom, where the currency of that time- the Praguer Groscher was struck. During the reconstruction was the castle rebuilt for production purposes, but also as the royal residence. Representative and at the same time productive function claimed many intensive reconstructions, when architectonically most important were those of peak and late gothic period.

The so called House of the Master of the Mint built at the end of the 15th century on the place of the moat in the north-western part, used to be part of the Italian Court as well. The area of the court has been importantly rebuilt in the 16th and in the first half of the 19th century. After closing down of the silver mints the court has been used as mining register, later also as a school.

During the vast wave of reconstruction of the sights in Kutna Hora at the end of the 19th century was the Italian Court in 1893-1899 reconstructed according to the project made by the famous architect Ludvík Lábler. The approach to this monument has been critised in that time, critical condition and new purpose of use of the building claimed a radical solution. The original source in pictures is necessary to recognise the historical shape of this building and its construction devellopement. Files in our archive may be classified in two sections. The first one is focused on the period before the reconstruction and the files may chronologically range from the first half till 1893, and there include oil paintings of Josef Hilbert, the first photography of Andreas Groll or a large file of photography by Jindřich Dittrich. The second section is focused on photography of the period of the reconstruction of the Italian Court in 1893-1899 taken by Josef Steffel, Oldrich Jelínek or Vyborný brothers.