This is the only Baroque church in the town, which was built on the place of a burnt-out house in 1734-1752.Its shape has not changed for centuries, only the roof and the belt course on the main facade used to be covered by wooden shingle, which was in the 19th century common at the majority of town buildings and patrician houses.