This building has radically changed its shape and occupancy various times in the past. At first there was a tower and a wall running between Hradek and Italian Court, to which was attached a school by the St .James church. In 1594-1595 there was founded a majestic particular school in renaissance style and since 1676 it has served as a residence of the archdeanery. The main portal was created of a red marble from Slivenec by the stonemason Pavel from Prague and it is the only element which has been conserved from the renaissance shape of the building. At that time there were ten typical gates above the principal moulding and the facies were covered by the paintings of the local painter Mikuláš Kocourkovský.